SPINACH RICOTTA BRUNCH BAKE
1 hour 20 mins
1 hour 35 mins
- 1 pkg. (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium red red pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unfold pastry sheets and roll out 1 sheet to 11-inch square; set aside. Roll out remaining sheet to 12-inch square; use to line bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Reserve 1 tbsp. eggs. Mix remaining eggs with ricotta, pepper sauce and spinach. Layer half each of the bacon, cheddar, ricotta mixture and peppers in crust. Repeat layers.
- Cover with remaining pastry sheet; fold under edges of pastry, then tuck inside pan. Brush pastry with reserved egg. Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 min. Run small knife around edge of pan to loosen crust before removing rim.