Chicken, spinach and artichokes come together in this delicious, one-pot recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 chicken pieces (thighs, chicken breast, legs, etc...)
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 can (14-ounces) quartered artichokes, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bag (6 to 8 ounces) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet that's safe for stovetop and oven.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add to skillet and brown on both sides; about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skillet and set it on the side, leaving oil in skillet.
- Add artichokes, onions, carrots and garlic to the skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly tender, stirring occasionally,.
- Add chopped garlic and spinach; continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add broth and chicken.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Plate and ladle liquid and veggies over chicken pieces.
If you don't have a skillet that's safe for both oven and stovetop, you can place the chicken in a casserole-dish when you're ready to pop it in the oven.