Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
3 cups fresh baby spinach
2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, well drained
6 tablespoons butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
12 oven ready lasagna noodles
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine spinach and artichoke hearts in a food processor until smooth and creamy. (Or chop each separately with a knife until roughly chopped)
3. Melt butter and garlic in a large pot over medium heat until just melted. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, salt, and pepper. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in spinach and artichokes.
4. Spread 1 cup sauce in the bottom of prepared dish. Top with 4 noodles. Spread 2 cups sauce over noodles. Top with 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese. Layer 4 more noodles, top with 2 cups sauce, 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, and final 4 noodles. Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. (Tip: Break noodles if necessary to fit the baking dish.)
5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10-15 more minutes until browned and bubbly. Let lasagna stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Makes 8 servings