Creamy, cheesy, spicy Spinach and Artichoke Dip served in delicious, homemade Parmesan Cups.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14-oz) artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (8-oz) cream cheese, softened
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- muffin tin
- Heat olive oil in saucepan.
- Add spinach and garlic and cook until wilted; about 2 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts.
- Stir in cream cheese and season with fresh ground pepper; cook until melted.
- Add hot sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Continue to cook until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the parmesan cups.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Place 6 mounds of cheese on each prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2-inch space between each mound.
- Bake for 3 to 4 minutes, or until melted and edges are browned.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 1 minute.
- Flip the muffin tin upside down.
- While the cheese is still warm, carefully remove with spatula and place over the muffin cups.
- Mold the cheese over the muffin cup and let stand until completely cool.
- Fill parmesan cups with artichoke dip.
- Serve immediately.
You can make the dip and parmesan cups ahead of time, but do not fill the parmesan cups until you are ready to serve.