Death by Chocolate Cheesecake - (Free Recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh whole milk ricotta
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, shredded
- unsalted room-temperature butter for greasing
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf of fresh baked bread
- extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- truffle honey (it is pricey, but a little goes a long way)
- crushed pistachios
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees with the rack set on the middle-upper level. Start by liberally greasing two small ramekins or one small baking dish with butter. Line the inside with parchment paper so that when the ricotta rises past the ramekin it doesn’t spill over. I do this by cutting triangle corners from the parchment paper and laying one edge of the triangle in the inside edge of the ramekin.
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg and parmesan, and 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt. Spread the ricotta mix into the buttered and parchment-lined ramekins or baking dish up to about two inches deep.
Sprinkle the top with a little freshly ground black pepper. Place ramekins or baking dish on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops start to brown. You can overbake this so if the tops aren’t brown enough to your liking, brown the dip under a broiler for a minute or so. Avoid baking longer than 20 minutes. Brush sliced bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Toast on a pan.
Serve with toasts, truffle honey and pistachios.