Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
A hot cheese dip with all of the flavours of lemony and buttery shrimp scampi with plenty of chunks of succulent shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound shrimp, shelled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (~1 lemon)
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat and add the shrimp and cook until it just turns pink.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, cook until fragrant, about a minute, and set the shrimp aside.
- Add the wine and lemon juice and simmer to reduce by half.
- Mix the shrimp, pan sauce, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, mozzarella and parmesan and pour it into a 2+ cup baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown on top and bubbling on the sides, about 15-20 minutes.
Option: Top with 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs mixed with 2 tablespoons parmesan before baking for a crispy topping.
Option: Cook the shrimp and assemble the dip the night before and then bake it just before serving.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 333, Fat 21g (Saturated 11g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 168mg, Sodium 539mg, Carbs 10g (Fiber 0, Sugars 4g), Protein 23g