PORK AND VEGETABLE CRISPY BAKED EGG ROLLS
This recipe makes 12 egg rolls. You could also make mini-rolls to serve as appetizers using wonton wrappers instead. If you do this, reduce the baking time to 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (plus more for brushing egg rolls before baking)
- 1 cup finely chopped green cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ recipe Easy Spicy Pork Meatballs, raw mixture
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage, carrot, and green onions. Cook and stir for about 1 minute. Add meatball mixture; cook and stir, breaking into small pieces until pork is cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- When filling has cooled, scoop ¼ cup into an egg roll wrapper. Fold two opposite corners toward the middle, partially covering filling. Roll, burrito style, from one of the remaining corners and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining egg rolls. Arrange egg rolls spaced apart so they brown evenly.
- Brush egg rolls all over with sesame oil.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve.