Crispy cuban egg rolls
Yield: 10 egg rolls
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 ounces thinly sliced roast beef
- 5 ounces thinly sliced smoked ham
- 10 slices swiss cheese torn in half
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 10 slices claussen sandwich pickles
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Add oil to a dutch oven and bring to a medium heat.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and water and set aside.
- Place one egg roll wrapper down on a flat surface. Place two torn slices of swiss cheese in the bottom portion of the diamond shaped egg roll. Top with a little bit of roast beef and ham. Then place pickle on top of meat and a little dab of mustard. Roll the wrapper once and then fold the sides in and then finish rolling.
- Using a brush dab the egg roll securing all the edges together with the egg wash.
- Place in the dutch oven and cook for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat until all egg rolls are made.