Paleo Egg Salad Recipe
perfect for lunch, dinner, or a snack! and super filling
- 12 hard-boiled eggs (see above how to hard boil eggs)
- 6-7 pieces of bacon, crumbled
- 1 medium red onion, chopped into small pieces
- Nom Nom Paleo's Mayo Recipe
- Optional: raisins, grapes, sliced almonds
- Prepare all ingredients- cook the bacon, hard boil the eggs, chop the onion, and make the mayo.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, and add the mayo as a binder.
- Store in refrigerator, and serve it cold.
Give our Olive Oil Mayo A Try!
Ingredients You Need:
2 tablespoons lemon juice @ room temp
½ tsp dry mustard
½ tsp salt
¼ cup plus 1 cup olive oil @ room temp
- Place the egg and lemon juice in a blender and let them come to room temperature together for roughly 30-60 minutes – this is after they have sat out for 2 hours!
- Add dry mustard, salt and ¼ cup of olive oil. Blend until well mixed, approximately 20 to 30 seconds.
- THIS IS IMPORTANT, you now need to add the remaining 1-cup of olive oil very slowly! While the blender is blending, slowly pour the oil in.
- This should take at least 4 minutes! You should pour the skinniest drizzle you can manage while still having movement in the oil.
- I repeat 4 minutes! Be patient and relax, this takes a while, but it is worth it!
- You should hear the pitch change as the liquid substances starts to form the emulsion. Eventually you will notice it will start to look like normal mayonnaise.
- When the mayo is ready, pour it into an airtight container, and put your expiry date on it.
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour before you try it.