Grilled Cheese Crepes with Chard and Dill
by: a Couple Cooks
Makes: 8 crepes or 16 appetizer servings
What You Need
- Ingredients for the crepes
- 1 large bunch chard (or kale, spinach, or collard greens), enough for 6 cups shredded
- ¼ cup fresh dill (do not substitute dried)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 3 ounces feta or queso fresco, crumbled
What To Do
- Make the crepes.
- Remove the stems of the chard leaves; slice them into thin strips (chiffonade) to make 6 cups. Chop ¼ cup dill.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium low heat. Add chard, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Saute until just tender and bright green, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the dill. Set aside.
- Place a crepe on a plate; then place a small handful greens, cheddar, and feta onto the bottom half of the crepe. Fold the top half of the circle over, then fold the half circle in half again to make a quarter circle. Repeat for all crepes.
- Using the same pan as for the greens, add a bit of olive oil and return the crepes to the pan in a few batches. Cook a few minutes on each side, until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- To serve as an appetizer, cut each quarter circle crepe in half to make a wedge, then arrange the wedges on a plate.
Inspired by Naturally Ella