Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese
Author: BS’ in the Kitchen
Recipe type: Grilled Cheese
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Macaroni & cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich. Need I say more?
- 2 slices of french bread
- 1 cup leftover macaroni & cheese pasta
- panko bread crumbs
- ½ (heaping) cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- ketchup (to serve with)
- Get a pan on medium heat with a chunk of butter.
- While pan is heating, in a bowl, mix macaroni & cheese, around 2 tablespoons of panko crumbs, a couple pinches of cheese, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix ingredients together, then form into patties, placing in heated pan.
- Cook until golden brown on each side.
- While the macaroni & cheese patties cook, prepare the rest of the sandwich.
- Butter the outside of each slice.
- Once buttered, take a plate with panko crumbs and press the buttered side of each slice into the pankos to crust the sandwich.
- Place about half of the cheese on the bottom slice.
- Once patties are cooked, add it on top of cheese, then top with more cheese, and other slice of bread.
- Fry until golden brown on each side.