Cinnamon Apple & Goat Cheese Crostini
This is what happens when I listen to my son’s recipe ideas. Apples, cinnamon and goat cheese come together into one fantastic crostini appetizer or snack.
Author: Dara Michalski | Cookin' Canuck
Serves: Makes 12
- 12 ½-inch slices whole wheat baguette
- ½ large Galal apple, cut into 12 slices
- 1 ½ tsp agave nectar, divided
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ oz. (about ¼ cup) goat cheese
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until slightly crunchy, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Place the apples in a medium bowl and, using your hands, coat with ½ teaspoon of the agave nectar. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the cinnamons.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of goat cheese on each baguette slice. Top each with an apple slice, a small drizzle of the remaining agave and a few thyme leaves. Serve.
Weight Watchers Points: 1 (Points+), 1 (Old Points)
Serving size: 1 crostini | Calories: 37 cal | Fat: 0.9g | Saturated fat: 0.5g | Carbohydrates: 6.0g | Sugar: 1.9g | Sodium: 13.2mg | Fiber: 0.7g | Protein: 1.6g | Cholesterol: 1.6mg