Zucchini and Goat Cheese Breakfast Crostini
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner collide in these zucchini and goat cheese breakfast crostini that make for the perfect summer meal, no matter what time of day it is!
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 zucchini, chopped into ½-inch dice
- 4 pattypan squash, chopped into ½-inch dice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 8 eggs, either scrambled, poached, or sunny side up
- 2 small baguettes, sliced in half lengthwise and crosswise
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic to the pan. Cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add the zucchini, squash, salt, black pepper, and smoked paprika to the pan and saute until tender, stirring frequently, about 8-10 minutes.
- Top the baguette slices with the zucchini and squash mixture, goat cheese, and eggs. Serve warm.
Slightly adapted from How Sweet Eats