BACON, APPLE, AND SWISS BREAKFAST PIZZA
Author: Katya @ http://www.littlebroken.com
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Pink Lady apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 pocketless pita breads (I used 7½ " round pita breads)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 4 Tbsp. shredded swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven on 400F.
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp; about 10 minutes.
- Drain bacon fat from the skillet and melt butter. Add onions and cook until just soft, about 2 minutes. Add sliced apples and continue sauteing until golden and slightly caramelized, about 15-18 minutes. If you find that your apples are not caramelizing, add more butter to the skillet.
- To assemble: top each pita bread with 1 cup spinach, half of the cooked apples and bacon. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of swiss cheese (or more if you like) and crack two eggs on top of each pita.
- Bake pizzas on parchment lined baking sheet for 8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Switch the oven to broil and continue cooking for 2 more minutes or until the eggs whites are cooked through. Keep an eye on the pizzas while broiling as the cheese burns easily.
- Remove from the oven. Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Enjoy!