Avocado Cucumber Egg Salad
Author: Will Cook For Smiles
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lg avocado
- ¼ cup mayo
- ½ tsp paprika
- Hard boiled eggs: bring water to boil in a medium pot (enough to cover the eggs). Add eggs carefully, using a large spoon, so you don't crack the eggs. Cover, boil for about a minute and turn off the heat. Leave the pot on the same burner but with heat turned off. Let eggs sit in the pot for about 20-25 minutes. This method has not failed me yet but you are of course free to use your method of making hard boiled eggs.
- Peel and dice hard boiled eggs. Add them to a mixing bowl.
- Peel cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeded center, leaving just the outer meat. Dice the cucumber and add it to the eggs.
- Cut avocado in half. Take out the pit and gentry cut avocado meat lengthwise, then width-wise, not cutting through the avocado skin. Gently peel avocado skin off the meat and add avocado cubes to the mixing bowl.
- Add paprika, salt and mayo. Very gently, fold the salad, mixing all ingredients until combined.