- 2 Green Plantains
- 2 cups + 1oz. Canola Oil
- 3 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 3 tsp. + pinch Salt
- 2 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 4 Green Leaf lettuce leafs
- 4 slices Vine Ripe Tomato
- 1 ½ lbs. Ground Beef
- ¾ lbs. Chuck
- ½ lbs. Brisket
- ¼ lbs. Short Rib
- 4 slices Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 oz. Mayonnaise
- ½ bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 1 oz. White Vinegar
- ½ oz. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Fresh Parsley, minced
For the Toston Seasoning:
Combine 1 tsp. granulated garlic, 1 tsp. ground black pepper, and 1 tsp. salt.
For the Tostones:
1. Heat the oil to 325 degrees.
2. While the oil is heating up, peel the green plantains and then cut them into 2 inch slices. Fry the slices in the hot oil for 3 minutes. They should be a light golden color and semi-soft.
3. Remove the plantain slices with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. When the plantain slices are cool enough to handle (about 1 minute), smash them into flat rounds.
4. Increase heat of oil to 375 degrees.
5. Fry the rounds in the hot oil for 3 minutes. They will turn crisp and golden brown. Remove the tostones with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with toston seasoning.
For the Burger Seasoning:
Combine the kosher salt, coriander, onion powder, black pepper, and 1 oz. of granulated garlic. Shake until blended.
For the Burger Patty:
1. Blend all three ground meats thoroughly.
2. Separate into 4 one third pound portions.
3. Compress into 4 individual patties and let set in refrigerator.
4. Heat griddle to 350 degrees.
5. Sprinkle each of the patties with enough burger seasoning so as to coat evenly on both sides.
6. Coat the griddle with 1 oz. canola oil and cook patties to medium – medium well, roughly 4 minutes on each side.
7. Top each patty with 1 slice of Monterey Jack Cheese and allow to melt.
For the Cilantro Sauce:
Combine the mayonnaise, cilantro, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, 1 tsp. granulated garlic, and a pinch of salt in blender until smooth.
Set each patty on top of a seasoned toston. Top with lettuce, tomato, and drizzle with cilantro sauce. Top off with another seasoned toston.