Sweet Chili Chicken Quesadilla
Chicken quesadillas with sweet chili sauce, fresh herbs and plenty of melted cheesy goodness.
Servings: makes 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (10 inch) tortilla
- 1/4 cup jack, shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup warm, cooked, shredded chicken or orange chicken bulgogi
- 2 tablespoons salsa naranja or sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon basil, torn
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, torn
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and saute until they start to caramelize, about 7-10 minutes, set aside and reduce the heat to medium
- Place the tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla, then top with the onions, the chicken, salsa, sesame seeds, basil and cilantro and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half covering the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Serve garnished with more salsa, sesame seeds and herbs.