Sunday Brunch Casserole
1 hour 5 mins
Author: Bakerette.com | Adapted from Taste of Home
- ½ pound sliced bacon, chopped
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 to 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cook chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper-towel lined plate. Retain the drippings in the skillet and lower heat to medium. Add onion, garlic, and green pepper to the drippings and sauté until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and discard any drippings.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings in a large mixing bowl. Fold in hash browns, cheese (if you like a cheesier dish, use 2 cups cheese), onion mixture and bacon.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until the center comes out clean when inserted with a knife.
Additional Mix-ins: Try using breakfast sausage in place of bacon (or use both!). Try adding in mushrooms, green onions or chives and some sweet red pepper instead of the green pepper.