Toasted Brunch Breakfast Sandwich
(slightly adapted from Curtis Stone)
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 2 bagels, cut in half and toasted
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin cup with two overlapping prosciutto slices. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15, or until crispy.
- While the prosciutto is baking, bring a medium pot of water to a boil and stir in the vinegar. Crack one egg at a time into a small bowl and gentle slide the egg into the water. Repeat with the other egg.
- Allow the eggs to cook for about 3 minutes and until the whites are set. The yolk should still be runny. Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs and set them on a tea towel to drain of excess water. Do the same with the second egg.
- Toast the bagel halves and place on a plate. Top with a handful of fresh arugula and the prosciutto cup. Place the poached egg over top and season with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with your best extra-virgin olive oil.