1 2-pound flank steak, butterflied
1 teaspoon salt, separated
1 teaspoon black pepper, separated
1 10-ounce package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Place butterflied steak on a cutting board. Season steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spread cheese over steak. Top with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, leaving a 2 inch border on top side of steak. Begin rolling steak tightly with the grain going the length of the roll, starting with the side closest to you. Tie roll with kitchen twine at 1 inch intervals.
3. Brush outside of roll with olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
4. Place steak on grill, browning on each side for two minutes. Turn off one burner and lower the others so the temperature stabilizes at 400 degrees. Cook over indirect heat for about 30 minutes or until internal temperature of steak reaches 135 to 140 degrees for medium rare or 140 to 145 for medium.
5. Remove steak from the grill, cover with aluminum foil, and rest for 10 minutes. Slide and serve immediately.