Breakfast flank steak and eggs with guacamole
Prep time: 30 min
Serves 4 people
Ingredients for flank steak:
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon curry
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb flank steak
Ingredients for eggs and assembly:
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 small corn tortillas (gluten free)
- guacamole made out of 2 avocados (you can make your own from scratch, or use guacamole mix in a packet, etc.)
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
To cook flank steak:
1) Mince garlic with knife, set aside. Combine spices together in a small bowl.
2) Pat steak dry, then rub spices all over. Sprinkle minced garlic on both sides of the steak.
3) Heat large skillet on high heat. Once the skillet gets hot, add olive oil until it sizzles. Then add flank steak to the skillet and sear on high heat 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare, making sure you have garlic searing underneath steak or around steak.
4) Transfer steak to a cutting board and let it rest 10 minutes. Cut steak across the grain into relatively thin slices. Set aside.
To prepare and assemble steak and over easy eggs:
1) Grease a large skillet (with Pam) and heat it on medium heat until hot. Crack each egg and pour onto the hot skillet. Depending on the size of the skillet you may fry from 2 to 4 eggs at the same time. Do not overcrowd the skillet. Cook until the whites of the eggs solidify and the yolks remain medium-rare. Using a wide flat spatula, transfer eggs onto the plate.
2) In a large skillet fry tortillas in 1 tablespoon olive oil on both sides, until each tortilla puffs up. Place 4 tortilla on 4 serving plates.
3) Divide guacamole into 4 equal parts and put on top of each tortilla.
4) Top guacamole with slices of flank steak. Then top steak slices on each plate with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar and 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella. Finally, top each portion with 2 eggs cooked over easy. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of eggs for taste and presentation.