Soy-Lemon Flank Steak with Arugula
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or gluten free tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1/2 bunch (about 2 ounces) arugula, leaves torn if large
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Whisk together oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, and garlic in a bowl. Place flank steak inside a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Add marinade, press out excess air, and seal. Let stand, turning bag occasionally, at least 1 hour at room temperature, or up to 6 hours in refrigerator (if refrigerating, let come to room temperature before grilling).
- Heat grill to medium-high. Remove meat from marinade, reserving marinade, and pat off excess with paper towels. Grill, uncovered, turning once, until a thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 130 degrees for medium-rare, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer marinade to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Slice meat against the grain and arrange on a platter. Arrange arugula on top; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons sauce over meat and arugula. Serve with remaining sauce and lemon wedges.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Servings: Serves 4
- Serving size: 1/4 of recipe