Servings - 4
1 lb - cod, approximately 4 fillets (any white fish will do)
1 - lime
4-6 cups - mixed greens
2 Tbsp - Pastamore Fresh Jalapeno Oil
1 Tbsp - Vegetable oil
As needed - salt
1 tsp - salt
1/2 tsp - cumin
1/2 tsp - oregano
1/2 tsp - smoked paprika
1/2 tsp - chili powder
1/2 tsp - black pepper
1. Combine all of the spices for the spice mix and place to the side.
2. Place the fish onto a large plate. Squeeze the juice from the lime on both sides of the fillets. Evenly sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides of the fish. If the fillets are long and thin, more spices may be needed to cover the entire surface.
3. Place a large saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat. When the pan has become hot, add 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil. Once the oil has become hot, add the fillets to the pan. Place the presentation side of the fish down first. Cook on this side until the fish has achieved a nice sear. Turn the fish over and reduce the heat to medium.
4. Cook the fish until the desired temperature has been reached. Minimum recommended temperature is 145°F. Fish should be flaky but still moist. If fillets are thick, a lid can be placed over the pan to decrease cooking time.
5. Place the mixed greens onto the plate. Drizzle 1 tsp of Pastamore Fresh Jalapeno Oil over the top of each plate of greens, and then lightly sprinkle with salt. Place the fish fillet on top of the greens. Spoon 1/2 tsp Pastamore Fresh Jalapeno Oil over the top of each of the fish fillets.
6. Serve and enjoy!