Ravioli in Spiced Butter Sauce
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 230 grams (1 cup or 2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 450 grams (1 pound) ravioli [I used mushroom, ricotta, and goat cheese ravioli]
- chopped herbs of your choice such as parsley, chives, or garlic scapes
- chopped edible flowers like chive blossoms or violets
- freshly grated Parmiggiano-Reggiano (Parmesan) cheese
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Do not let it boil or it will separate.
- Add the water or broth and stir until blended.
- Add all the spices into the butter mixture and whisk until well-combined.
- Season with salt to taste. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- To make the pasta, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Put the ravioli in boiling water, one at a time, without crowding.
- Once the ravioli floats to the surface, it is ready. Scoop ravioli with a slotted spoon and set aside. Continue with the rest, cooking in batches.
- Once everything is cooked, put the ravioli in a pan over low heat and toss in the reserved spiced butter to coat. Add by tablespoonful as much or as little butter as you desire.
- Garnish with chopped herbs, edible flowers, and freshly grated Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese to finish.