Spanish Egg and Sweet Potato Breakfast Scramble
Scrambled eggs are combined with sweet potatoes, salsa, cheese and tortilla chips in this Mexican inspired breakfast scramble.
Serves: 2 large servings, or 4 smaller servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups ¼-inch diced sweet potatoes
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup shredded smoked cheddar
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup tortilla chips
- fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, about 8 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Once potatoes are tender, reduce the heat to medium-low. Pour the eggs over the potatoes in the skillet. Cook, gently pulling the eggs to the middle of the pan. When the eggs are almost set, remove from the heat and top with the cheese. Cover the pan until the cheese has melted.
- Serve the eggs and potatoes over the tortilla chips, and top with salsa and cilantro.
adapted from The Incredible Egg