Scrambled Eggs and Sausage Breakfast Wrap
These scrambled eggs are perfectly delicious all on their own, or pop into a warmed tortilla for a portable breakfast on the go.
SERVES: MAKES 2-3 BURRITOS
- 5 large eggs
- kosher salt
- 4 ounces mild Italian sausage, or 1 large link, casing removed
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into chunks
- 2 6-inch flour tortillas
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Add a dash of cold water and a pinch of kosher salt, whisk again and set aside.
- Heat a large fry pan to medium high heat and cook the sausage, breaking it into chunks, until it's browned. Add the cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and green onion and cook, stirring only a few times so the tomatoes start to blister and the mushrooms lightly brown. Add the spinach and cook until it wilts. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Wipe the pan clean then spray with non-stick cooking spray and heat on medium high heat. Add the eggs and let them cook undisturbed until they start to bubble and the edges begin to cook. Gently stir and fold the eggs until most of the liquid has cooked. Add the sausage mix to the eggs and fold. Add torn pieces of mozzarella cheese, and fold into the eggs. If the cheese doesn't want to melt, cover with a lid for 30 seconds or so.
- Heat the flour tortillas in the microwave for 15 seconds. Fill each tortilla with a scoop of the egg mixture, fold into a burrito and serve with hot sauce or salsa.