Shrimp and Mango Tacos
Spicy sauteed shrimp are paired with a quick and flavorful mango salsa in this recipe which will have dinner on the table in a flash.
Author: Just a Little Bit of Bacon
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- 8 soft taco sized tortillas
- 1 recipe tangy lime avocado crema
- For spicy shrimp, combine shrimp and all other spicy shrimp ingredients in a bowl. Let the shrimp sit and marinate on the counter for 15 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, prepare all the mango salsa ingredients and mix them together. If you are having the avocado crema, make this now too.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once water sizzles when dripped in, add the shrimp and all the marinade to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently until the shrimp is pink and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp to a bowl. Cook down the sauce until it's quite thick, 1 minute. Pour the thickened sauce over the shrimp.
- Serve the shrimp in the taco shells with the mango salsa and avocado crema.