COCONUT SHRIMP TACOS
Savory 30-minute tacos stuffed with baked coconut-crusted shrimp and mangos, and topped with a cilantro coconut sauce to die for!
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined and tails removed
- 4 eggs + 4 tablespoons water
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 8 soft taco-sized tortillas
- diced mango
- cole slaw
- red peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Add eggs and water to a small bowl and whisk til smooth. Stir together flour, garlic powder, and chili powder to a second bowl. Place shredded coconut flakes in a third bowl.
- Toss shrimp in flour mixture. Next, dip shrimp in egg mixture. Lastly, toss shrimp in shredded coconut flakes.
- Place coated shrimps on prepared baking sheet and spray heavily with cooking spray. Bake about 15 minutes until shrimp are cooked and coconut flakes are golden brown.
- While shrimps are baking prepare dressing. Whisk all sauce ingredients together And chill until tacos are ready.
- To assemble tacos, fill tortillas with slaw, shrimp, mango, red peppers, pineapple and drizzle with cilantro dressing.