Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Ginger Potstickers
Recipe type: Appetizer
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1¼ cup shredded brussels sprouts
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro
- 12-16 potsticker wrappers
- 1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil
- Tamari or soy sauce, for topping
- Toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet with a lid. Add minced onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add in Brussels Sprouts, lime juice, and ginger; cooking until brussels sprouts are brighter in color and just tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and cilantro.
- Set up an assembling station with a small bowl of water, filling, and wrappers. Working with one skin at a time, place about 1 tablespoon of filling in the middle. Dip your finger in the water and run it along the entire edge of the wrapper. Fold both ends up (or corners if you are using square wrappers) and lightly pinch. Working with one side, pleat and pinch together making sure that once pleated, the potsticker is closed. Repeat with remaining filling.
- If you want, you may now freeze any potstickers you may not use. Simply place on a tray so that no potsticker is touching another and freeze. Once frozen you may then transfer to a container. When ready to eat, you can cook them frozen- just allow for a little extra time.
- For cooking potstickers, heat a tablespoon of sesame or olive oil over medium-high heat. Place potstickers in pan so that no potsticker is touching. Cook for 1- 1½ minutes until bottom is browned. Pour in ¼ cup of water, place a tight fitting lid on the pan, and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the wrappers are tender.
- Serve with a drizzle of tamari and sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.