Brussels Sprout Tuna Salad
Author: Girl Versus Dough
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Yields: 2 to 3 servings
- 2 (5 oz) cans chunk light tuna in water
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup to ¾ cup shaved/shredded Brussels sprouts
- Salt and pepper
- Use a can opener to open the cans of tuna. Then, over a sink, use the lids pressed against the upside-down cans to squeeze out and drain the liquid (there will be some liquid left in the tuna; that's OK). Transfer the tuna to a medium bowl.
- Add sliced shallot and lemon juice to bowl, along with 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, ½ cup shaved Brussels sprouts, a good sprinkling of salt and a few cracks of pepper. Taste. If desired, add more mayonnaise, shaved sprouts, lemon juice, salt and/or pepper.
- Serve on (toasted or untoasted) bread, with crackers, in an avocado half, etc.