Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples and Candied Walnuts - (Free Recipe below)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
A delicious side dish of brussels sprouts tossed together with tart apples and garnished with candied walnuts.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 big tart apple, sliced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add brussels sprouts and apples; season with salt and pepper.
- Add rosemary and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Prepare walnuts by melting butter in saucepan.
- Add sugars and stir until incorporated; add walnuts and continue to stir around for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove brussels sprouts and apples from heat and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Spoon salad onto plate and garnish with candied walnuts.