Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Lasagna Rolls
Recipe type: Main Entree
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Serves: 4, with a side salad; serves 2 if lasagna rolls are all you're eating
- 10 lasagna sheets, cooked according to package instructions
- 6 jarred roasted red peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, shredded
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese (whole milk, part-skim, whatever you like)
- 1½ cup whole milk mozzarella cheese (I prefer whole milk mozzarella because it melts a lot better), plus more for topping
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the lasagna sheets according to the package instructions. After they're cooked, submerge them in cold water and keep them there until you're ready to use them. This will keep them from sticking together and will also help you handle them better because they'll be chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small food processor, process roasted red peppers, garlic, and olive oil until all is combined and the roasted red peppers are finely processed. Save about ¼ cup of the red pepper mixture.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining roasted red peppers and shredded chicken.
- In another bowl, stir together ricotta, mozzarella, salt, and pepper.
- To assemble lasagna rolls: place wax paper on a flat surface then drain and pat dry the lasagna sheets and line them up on the wax paper. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture onto a lasagna sheet. Using your fingers, push/spread the mixture across the entire sheet. Place a generous portion of the chicken mixture on top of the ricotta and again, using your fingers, push/spread the mixture across the entire sheet. Starting at one end, begin to gently roll the lasagna sheets. Don't use too push pressure, they should just be loosely wrapped and it's ok if filling comes out. Just push it back in. Place the lasagna roll seam side down in the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the other lasagna sheets.
- Once the lasagna sheets are ready for the oven, divide the remaining ¼ cup of roasted red pepper mixture on the tops of the lasagna rolls and sprinkle more mozzarella cheese on top, if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until mixture is bubbly, warmed through, and cheese has melted.