Creamy, cheesy, belly-pleasy—comfort food at its finest.
- 9 whole Lasagna Noodles (not Oven-ready)
- ½ cups Butter
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1-½ cup Milk
- 4 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Divided
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, Divided, Plus Additional 1/4 Cup For Topping (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Each, Dried Basil And Oregano
- ½ teaspoons Ground Pepper
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups Cooked, Cubed Chicken
- 1 package (10 Oz. Size) Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed And Drained
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in flour and salt; simmer until bubbly.
Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Season with basil, oregano and ground black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture on the bottom of the 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, and all of the ricotta and the chicken. Arrange 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken and layer with 1/4 of the sauce mixture, the spinach, and the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Arrange remaining noodles over cheese and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and additional 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional).
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.