PULLED PORK, MANGO AND AVOCADO
A fusion of Asian flavors, you are going to love this modern spin on the Vietnamese classic made with fresh mango, creamy avocado and juicy pulled pork.
Author: Liz DellaCroce | The Lemon Bowl
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 12 spring roll rice paper wrappers
- 2 cups leftover Asian BBQ Pulled Pork (or shredded chicken)
- 1 mango - peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado - pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup cilantro sprigs
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste
- 1 garlic clove - grated
- Boil 8 cups of water and keep warm.
- Whisk together dipping sauce and set aside.
- To soften the rice paper, fill a shallow pie plate with boiling water. Add one rice paper at a time and soak for 5 seconds then move to a plate to fill and roll. (Careful not to over-soak!)
- Working from the center of the roll, add a couple tablespoons of shredded pork then top with a little shredded cabbage, two avocado slices, two mango slices and a few cilantro sprigs.
- Fold in the sides then bring bottom up over the filling and tuck while rolling tightly.
- Place on a platter seam side down and continue rolling remaining 11 sheets.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with reserved dipping sauce.