Pulled Pork Cornbread Tarts
Serves: About 30 tarts
- 2 (7-ounce) packages Martha White Sweet Yellow Cornbread and Muffin Mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 pound pulled pork
- Barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Combine the butter and cornbread mix in a large bowl. The butter should be very, very soft - almost melted. Stir until the mixture is moistened and dough-like. Working quickly, scoop a tablespoon of dough into your hands and roll it into a ball. Place the ball on the parchment paper and press it flat with the palm of your hand. Continue until all the dough has been used. It should take take two or three pans, so have them ready if you can. If the dough get too crumbly add a few drops of water and mix well to get it to stick together better. The longer the dough sits, the more crumbly it will become as the cornmeal absorbs the liquid.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minute or until just starting to brown on the edges. Cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring the tarts to a cooling rack with a spatula to cool completely.
- Once cool, top the tarts with a small scoop of pulled pork and drizzle with your favorite barbecue sauce.