Prosciutto and Burrata Cheese Crostini
Recipe type: Appetizer
- a small ciabatta baguette (about 5 oz)
- 8 oz burrata cheese, sliced
- 2-3 oz (about 4-5 slices) San Daniele prosciutto
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 basil leaves
- balsamic glaze
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Slice ciabatta baguette into 12 slices. Drizzle each slice with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Place slices of bread on non-stick pan, over medium-high heat. Toast them on both sides until they reach a golden brown color (don't lose sight of them or they'll burn).
- In the same skillet, add another bit of oil over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add tomatoes halves cut-side down and sear them for 1 minute, briefly turning them. Sprinkle some salt on top and remove from the heat before they get too soft, placing them on a separate small dish.
- Break prosciutto with your hands, in smaller pieces.
- Assemble crostini: place a slice of burrata on each crostino, add a piece of prosciutto as a second layer; top with a cherry tomato and a basil leaf.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.