Potato Rösti, Bacon & Egg stacks with Tomato relish
Recipe type: Breakfast,
for the tomato & chilli relish (makes approximately 1½ cups)
- 8 large tomatoes, sliced into 1cm slices
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t salt
- black pepper, to taste
for the potato rösti
- 2 large potatoes, grated
- ½ onion, grated
- 2 T flour
- 1 t salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 fried eggs
- fried bacon
- To make the relish, pre-heat the oven to 200°c.
- Place all the ingredients for the relish in a small roasting tray and place in the oven. Allow to roast for 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked and starting to darken around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and break the tomatoes up with a spoon. Place in a container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- To make the rösti, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and fry spoonfuls of the rösti mixture until crisp and golden.
- To serve, stack the cooked rösti with the cooked bacon. Top with a fried egg and serve with the tomato and chilli relish.