Put a new spin on pizza night with these fun pinwheel-like pizza dough discs featuring pepperoni, mozzarella, and spinach!
Author: Kristin @ DizzyBusyandHungry.com
Recipe type: Entree, Appetizer
- 14 ounces whole wheat pizza dough (I used store bought)
- 1 and ½ cups reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- 40 slices turkey pepperoni
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a long oval, approximately 24 inches by 12 inches. I used a little bit of flour on my rolling surface, on the roller and on my hands to keep the dough from sticking.
- Sprinkle about half of the shredded cheese over the entire area of dough.
- Place the pepperoni slices in a single layer over the cheese.
- Spread the baby spinach over the pepperoni slices.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the spinach.
- Starting from one of the long edges, carefully roll the dough into itself until you have a long log of dough with the toppings inside.
- With a very sharp knife, cut the dough width-wise into about 1 inch rings.
- Place the rings in a single layer on the baking sheets, then bake for approximately 8 minutes.
- Makes about 24 pieces.
Nutrition information is approximate. Your results may be different due to different brands/products and measuring differences.