Pearl Onions, Peas and Bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen pearl onions
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen peas
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of water, boil the pearl onions for 3 minutes. Add the peas and boil for an additional 2 minutes. Drain.
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon until crisp and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour off most of the bacon grease, leaving about 1 tbsp in the pan.
- Add the butter to the bacon grease. Add the onions and peas to the pan and sprinkle with the paprika and brown sugar. Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently for 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, stir in the cooked bacon and serve.
- Adapted from the Golden Onions recipe found on the back of the Birdseye pearl onions package.