Creamy White Macaroni & Cheese with Peas Onions & Bacon
Author: Lyuba Brooke
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 6 oz box of Horizon Organic Mac, Pasta Shells & White Cheddar flavor
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 strips of crispy bacon
- ½ Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 oz creamy Havarti cheese
- White pepper ( add a pinch until desired amount is reached, about ⅛ tsp.)
- Cook pasta shells according to the package, drain and set side in a bowl.
- Preheat oil in the cooking pan over medium heat and saute onions until golden. Add peas and crumbled bacon. Saute for a few minutes then add to pasta.
- In a sauce pot, heat up milk over medium heat and add white cheddar packet from the mac and cheese box. Mix until smooth and add grated Havarti cheese. Add salt and white pepper and taste. Once mixture is smooth, add sauce to the bowl with pasta and mix well.
- Serve right away.