GRILLED PINEAPPLE TERIYAKI CHICKEN WRAPS
Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Wraps – juicy seasoned and grilled chicken topped with tart pineapple, and tangy teriyaki sauce all wrapped in soft pita bread. A perfect quick and tasty summertime dish!
Recipe type: Main Dish
Cuisine: American / Asian
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 sliced pineapple rings (or 1 cup chopped pineapple)
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce (my favorite store-bought brand is Kikkoman, or use the recipe below!)
- 4 pita wraps
- optional: sesame seeds, lettuce, mayo, tomatoes
homemade teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 5-8 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through.
- Assemble wraps by placing a grilled chicken breast, onions, pineapple, and any other desired toppings on each pita. Top with teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro if desired. Serve immediately.
- For the homemade teriyaki sauce whisk all ingredients together in a small sauce pan. Stir constantly while bringing to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat and transfer to a heat-safe bowl to serve.
*Homemade teriyaki sauce adapted from Add a Pinch