Grilled Macaroni and Cheese Sandwich
Author: The Gunny Sack
Recipe type: Main
- 4 slices bread
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ cup prepared macaroni and cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat the skillet over medium heat and grease with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Grease the skillet and then lay slices of bread with the buttered side down in the skillet.
- Top them with slices of cheddar cheese.
- Add a mound of macaroni and cheese…about ¼ cup fit on my sandwiches.
- Add another slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Once the bread is golden, carefully flip the sandwiches over to grill the opposite side.
- Since these sandwiches are all about cheese, lift a sandwich and sprinkle some shredded mozzarella onto the skillet.
- Put the sandwich on top of the cheese and let it brown for a bit.