SLOPPY GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1-2 Tbsp. prepared mustard (depending on your tastebuds)
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 10-12 slices Texas toast bread
- 6 tbsp. butter softened
- 3 - 4 cups shredded cheese (or more if you need it)
- Brown ground beef with onion in skillet until fully cooked. Drain off any grease.
- Add mustard, ketchup and brown sugar and Worcestershire . Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- To assemble sandwiches, place one slice of bread, butter side down onto griddle or skillet. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, a scoop of the beef mixture, and top with some more shredded cheese. Place a piece of bread on top, butter side up. Cook over medium heat until browned, carefully flip over and cook other side until browned.