Garden Egg Skillet
A healthy, easy garden egg skillet with fresh veggies and cheesy deliciousness.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups pre-seasoned frozen hash browns
- ½ can hash, diced (optional) OR 4 bacon strips, diced and fried
- 8 eggs
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese
- baby tomatoes
- red peppers
- green onion
- Other Toppings to Consider
- yellow peppers
- jalapeño peppers
- red onions
- black olives
- Chop all your toppings and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the hash browns and hash.
- On medium heat, melt the tablespoon of butter in an oven-proof skillet and begin to sauté the hash and frozen hash browns until thawed, cooked, and slightly browned. Remove from heat and spread evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Next, beat the eggs in a bowl and scramble in a separate pan. Be sure to soft scramble the eggs as they will cook for another minute when you place the pan under the broiler.
- Now, assemble the garden egg skillet. Spread the scrambled eggs over the hash browns, and then sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Preheat your broiler. Once hot, place your skillet under the broiler. Set your timer for a minute and check if cheese is melted. If not totally, set timer for another minute until the cheese is just melted. Do not overcook, otherwise your eggs will become too dry (unless of course, you like really dry eggs).
- Sprinkle with your toppings - tomatoes, peppers, avocado, green onion and cilantro and serve!! (Remember the pan will be piping hot having just come from the oven!!)