A French Baked Brie Recipe with Figs, Walnuts and Pistachios
Author: The Mediterranean Dish
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 4 tbsp fig jam or preserves, divided
- ⅓ cup dried mission figs, sliced
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup walnut hearts, roughly chopped
- 13-oz French brie
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the fig jam/preserves in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
- In a small bowl, combine the sliced dried figs with the nuts. Add half of the fig jam and mix well to coat the nut mixture.
- Place the round of brie in a small cast iron skillet or oven-safe dish. Using a knife, coat the brie with the remainder of the jam.
- Top the brie with the fig and nut mixture.
- Place the brie dish on a baking sheet. Bake in 375 degree F-heated oven for 10 minutes (or until brie starts to ooze, but not melt).
- Serve warm with your favorite crackers!