Cranberry and Walnut Brie
- 1 Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 brie wheel
- 1/4 cup Simple Cranberry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- sugared cranberries and basil for garnish, if desired
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
For the sugared cranberries:
- 1 cups fresh whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Thaw one puff pastry sheet and unfold it. Place your brie in the middle of the sheet and carefully top with cranberry sauce and chopped nuts. Gently wrap the pastry around the brie and pinch the top closed. Brush the surface of the pastry with the egg white. This will make your pastry nice and shiny.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Top with sugared cranberries and a sprig of basil, if desired. Serve with crackers or bread.
To make the sugared cranberries:
- Warm 1/2 cup of maple syrup in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cranberries. Place in refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Place 1/2 cup sugar into a bowl. Pour berries into a colander and allow them to drain for 15 minutes. Next, add a few cranberries at a time to the sugar, tossing gently to coat. Place berries on a parchment lined baking sheet and let stand until completely dry.