Baked Brie with Candied Pancetta, Pecans and Spicy Cranberries
- 2-8 ounce wheels of tripe crème brie
- 1 ½ cups cranberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ pound pancetta cut into a dice
- 2 ½ tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place brie wheels on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake until inside is melted, about 10-15 minutes.
- For the pancetta and pecans. Cook pancetta in a medium-sized non-stick pan until all fat is rendered and pancetta is crisp. Remove from pan, drain on paper towels. Clean pan out. Place pancetta and pecans back in the pan and turn onto a medium heat. Add brown sugar and water. Cook until brown sugar is melted and the sticky mixture has coated all of the pancetta and nuts. Add salt. Stir frequently and be sure to not burn.
- Place cranberries, sugar, water and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasional.
- When brie is ready, transfer to a platter. Evenly top brie wheels first with cranberry sauce and then with candied pecans and pancetta. Serve immediately.