Crunchy, toasty, crispy ravioli fried to a golden brown and dipped in warm marinara sauce. Perfect for a party dish or for a quick dinner appetizer!
- 25 frozen ravioli- thawed
- 1 c. Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. fat-free evaporated milk (or milk/buttermilk)
- Canola oil as needed
- 1 jar marina or pizza sauce for dipping
- Fresh parsley & Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Beat the eggs and milk together until combined.
- Lay the breadcrumbs on a plate and shake to even out. Set up your dipping station with the egg mixture and the breadcrumbs next to each other.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with foil next to the dipping station.
- Add enough oil to a large pot to reach depth of 2 inches. Heat to 325 degrees, or test by throwing in a few breadcrumbs. If the breadcrumbs sizzle right away, your oil is hot and ready. Oh baby.
- While your oil is heating up, dip the thawed raviolis in the egg wash then breadcrumbs. Shake off any excess crumb and lay on baking sheet.
- Fry raviolis in batches about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese. Dip in warm marinara sauce!
- Adjust recipe to the amount of raviolis serving (this is for a family-size appetizer. If I'm hosting a big party, I'll use 2 bags of ravioli, which means more breadcrumbs as well!)
- Make sure oil is hot before adding ravioli, or else your breadcrumbs will become soggy and flake off, oh no!