RAVIOLI WITH SAUTÉED MUSHROOMS
A quick, easy, elegant dish using ravioli, sautéed mushrooms, pine nuts, basil and parmesan.
- PREP TIME:10 MINS
- COOK TIME:10 MINS
- TOTAL TIME:20 MINUTES
- 1 – 9 oz pack of fresh ravioli – I used Butoni’s cheese ravioli
- 8 oz of white button mushrooms – thinly sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 medium sized cloves of garlic – minced
- 6 twists of black pepper from a pepper mill
- 2 tbs pine nuts – toasted
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese – finely grated
- 1 pat of butter – about 1 1/2 tbs
- 4 large basil leaves – finely minced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook ravioli as per the package instructions.
- Toast the pine nuts in a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat until golden brown – 1 to 2 minutes. Make sure to shake the pan often since they will burn easily. Remove and set to the side.
- In the same pan that you toasted the pine nuts, heat the large non-stick saute pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tbs olive oil to the pan and then the mushrooms. Let the mushrooms cook for 3 minutes before stirring. After the 3 minutes are up, add the minced garlic and fresh black pepper. Stir occasionally until mushrooms are a golden brown color – about 5 more minutes.
- Drain ravioli when ready and add to the mushrooms in the large saute pan. Add the pat of butter, most of the parmesan cheese and chopped basil. Toss gently to combine.
- Divide and serve with the remaining parmesan sprinkled on top.
- Serving Size:1
- Sugar:4 g
- Sodium:560 mg
- Fat:25 g
- Saturated Fat:9 g
- Carbohydrates:66 g
- Fiber:4 g
- Protein:25 g