Crisp Potato Cake
- 3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- Salt to season
- Thyme leaves to garnish
- If potatoes feel moist pat them dry. Place one tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkling of nutmeg and black pepper into a sauté pan. Beginning in the middle of the pan arrange half the potato slices in a spiral, overlapping the edges. Create a second spiral layer on top with the remaining potato slices.
- Cook potatoes on a medium heat for around 15 minutes with the pan covered. Cook until potatoes are well browned underneath. You may want to shake the pan the avoid potatoes sticking. Occasionally wipe inside of lid of moisture to keep it dry.
- With a flat spatula press down on the potatoes and then remove from heat.
- Place a plate (larger than the pan) over the pan and flip over to transfer potatoes from pan to plate. Next you will be cooking the other side of the potatoes so ensure pan is clean and there is still enough oil.
- Slide the potato cake, raw side facing down, back into the pan. Return to a medium heat and cover pan. Cook for around 15 minutes until potatoes are well browned.
- To serve, slide crispy potato cake onto a plate, season with salt and thyme to garnish.